The BIAL Award in Biomedicine 2023, with the amount of 300.000 Euros, seeks to recognise a work published in the broad biomedical field within the last ten years, the results of which are considered of exceptional quality and scientific relevance.
Who can nominate:
- Voting members of the Jury;
- Members of the Scientific Board of the BIAL Foundation;
- Previous BIAL Award winners;
- Scientific Societies in the biomedical field;
- Boards or Deans of Medical Faculties;
- Heads of leading research institutes in the biomedical field;
- Boards or Heads of prestigious Academies;
- In addition, highly qualified researchers may nominate candidate works, but self-nominations are not accepted.
The BIAL Award in Biomedicine, which has the Patronage of the President of the Portuguese Republic, the Council of Rectors of Portuguese Universities and the European Medical Association, from 2019 onwards started to be attributed in odd years, alternating with the Prémio BIAL de Medicina Clínica.
President of the Jury
European Research Council
Council of Rectors of Portuguese Universities
Maria do Carmo Fonseca
European Medical Association
Scientific Board of the BIAL Foundation
Previous winners of the BIAL Award
Peter St. George-Hyslop
Kamran Abbasi - BMJ
Eric Rubin - NEJM
BIAL Foundation takes responsibility for its website contents. By clicking “continue” below, you will be taken to an external website, beyond our responsibility.